Live your faith. Consume with your conscience.
Our faith asks us to respect the dignity of work, God’s people and His creation. Understanding the impact of our purchases and consumption helps ensure our choices don’t harm others or the environment.
Karen Kasmauski for CRS
A few questions to guide your ethical journey
A faith-filled approach would be to buy only the things you truly need, and even then, to purchase ethically produced products. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Am I fulfilling a need or a want with my purchase?
- Will the product bring joy to my life or someone else’s?
- Will my purchase affect positive change?
- Did making the product cause undue harm to the environment?
- Will the product make a positive contribution to my life/society as a whole?
- Who made the product and where is it from? What is their life like?
- How can I keep from overindulging?
Looking for videos, memes, prayers and more? We’ve got them!
PROTECT VULNERABLE GIRLS’ ACCESS TO EDUCATION
Children who are refugees are more vulnerable to human trafficking, early marriage and forced labor. Providing opportunities for education is one way to reduce their risk of being trafficked.Take Action